Hey guys, hope you are having a productive week out there? May our hustle not be in vain 🙏
Let’s get talking about shea butter. Shea butter is a solidified fatty oil that is derived from the nuts of the karite trees, also known as magnifolia predominantly found in Africa. Karite tree bears the fruit and the nuts inside the fruit contains shea butter. The nuts are then crushed, boiled and manipulated in order to extract a light colored fat which is commonly referred to as shea butter.
Pure shea butter resembles lumps of caramel ice cream. It has gained huge popularity due to it’s widespread use in several beauty products such as lotions, cosmetics, shampoos and conditioners.
I use ‘Jimpo Ori’ as shown in the picture above. The big size goes for #1000 while the small size goes for #750, please contact me to cop yours . I’ve been using this shea butter for more than a year and my skin and hair feels so great & healthy. It’s mixed with essential oils as the product claims and has a nice fragnance. I will definitely recommend this for all types of skin. I also did realize that shea butter mixed with moringa is good for dark skin complexion ladies, so i don’t use the ‘ori special’ in the picture above
SECRETS OF SHEA BUTTER includes
- Healing Qualities: Shea butter is known for it’s healing properties that can be attributed to the presence of several fatty acids such as oleic, stearic and linolenic acids. Shea butter is effective in curing skin rashes, skin peeling after tanning, scars, stretch marks, burns, insect bites, arthritis, athletes foot and muscle fatigue.
- Anti-Ageing Benefits: Shea butter is considered as one of the best anti-ageing and moisturizing agents for the skin. It stimulates the production of collagen. The vitamins A and E found in this butter keeps the skin supple, nourished and radiant and prevent premature wrinkles and facial lines. Shea butter penetrates the skin easily, without clogging the pores and it’s effective for dry skin.
- Antioxidant Qualities: Shea butter contains plant antooxidants such as vitamins A and E in which they protect the cells from free radicals and environmental damage. The acid esters in the shea fat help in preventing skin damage from ultraviolet radiation.
- Effective Skin Sun Block: Shea butter is an effective natural sun block solution. There are lot of sun block products out there which are packed with chemical ingredients whichare dangerous for the skin. However, with current UV A and UV B, it is not safe for you to only depending on shea butter which only has SPF 6 to protect your skin but for daily usage inside buildings, shea butter is perfect sun block.
- Great For Chapped Lips: Shea butter helps get rid of chapped lips.
- Protects Natural Skin Oil: One of the reasons why your skin is getting dried because factors like water and wrong body soap could endanger the stock of natural oil in your skin. If you are applying shea butter to your skin regularly, it will provide protection to the skin’s natural oil as well.
- Itchy Scalp Relief : Shea butter has a lot of benefits for the hair. Shea butter is effective in soothing a dry, itchy scalp or dandruff, being rich in vitamins A and E, it soothes dryness, repairs breakage and mends split ends. Hence, it is extremely effective in providing relief from dry scalp, dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis.
- Hair Protection: Shea butter provides protection to the hair against the harmful free radicals in the air and water and harsh weather conditions. Moreover, shea butter has a low amount of spf that is sufficient to protect tge hair from sun damage caused due to the exposure to ultraviolet radiation and repairs the damage that has already been caused by harsh weather and the sun. Once shea butter is absorbed by the hair, it coats the hair shaft so that it is protected from a heat tool or any other damaging material being passed along the hair. This is beneficial for processed or colored hair. It also reduces the effect of salt and chlorine during swimming.
- Hair Softener: Shea butter is great for softening and revitalizing damaged and brittle hair. Due to its non- greasy nature, it helps to control and spread the excess oil in the scalp.
- Hair Moisturizer: The presence of vitamins A and E makes shea butter an excellent moisturizer thus it can be used as a natural conditioner. It is highly effective in locking moisture, without leaving the hair heavy or greasy. Chemical treatments such as straightners, curlers, perms etc. are responsible for stripping on the natural moisture from the hair. Shea butter helps restore this moisture.
Thank you for stopping by. Please read my previous posts and don’t forget to like and comment 💋💋💋
What brand of shea butter do you use? Do you have any positive or negative review about shea butter? How have your experience with Shea butter been? Will be on the comment section with you guys 😗
Let’s connect via;
Instagram – @theladylymarh
Facebook- Alabi Haleemah
Google+- Haleemah Al-sadiya Alabi