If you’re a K-beauty junkie, you’ve likely heard of Some By Mi. The brand has received heavy accolades in Korea and among the beauty blogosphere thanks to its gentle yet highly effective products such as the Some By Mi AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner and complementary Serum. Both have flown off shelves – one bottle of the toner is sold every three seconds! – theklog
When it comes to chemical exfoliants, we are quite familiar with the Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) and Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHA). But how about Poly Hydroxy Acids (PHA)?
PHAs, are a third-generation of peeling ingredient that is just as effective, but less irritating than AHAs and BHAs. They promote a mild peeling by acting at a top surface level to smooth skin and improve overall tone. PHAs are also known for attracting moisture to prevent skin moisture loss while effectively exfoliating.
PHAs can be combined with other acids which makes it more effective in treating any skin concerns. A common example of PHA is lactobionic acid.
I purchased this toner specifically because I wanted to try out a product with PHA. I wasn’t even bothered if this miracle toner was hyped or if it performs up to its expectations. Did the cult favorite Some by Mi AHA-BHA-PHA miracle toner live up to the hype? Stay tuned to the rest of this post .
A cult favorite, one bottle of this multi-tasking toner is sold every three seconds! As its name suggests, the formula boasts three types of chemical exfoliants plus papaya and witch hazel extracts to effectively boost cell turnover and keep skin smooth and healthy. A high-content of tea tree water extract also promotes clear skin, as well as soothes inflammation, while adenosine and niacinamide target wrinkles and dull skin tone. Despite its powerful ingredients, the toner is dermatologically tested for sensitive skin and has an optimal pH of 5.5.
The Some by mi AHA-BHA-PHA 30 days miracle toner comes packed in a round 150ml green tinted bottle with a black screw top. It has all the details about the key ingredients explicitly mentioned outside the bottle.
The miracle toner has a watery texture, but not as watery as the cosrx aha/bha clarifying treatment toner. The color is transparent or clear. It also has minty smell which I guess is due to the tea tree oil.
- Tea Tree Extract– containing 10,000 ppm; directly targeting acne, it’s improves skin without any irritation.
- AHA – cleanses pores, removes dead skin cells and helps in reduction of acne spots.
- BHA – Dissolves oil in the pores, exfoliates skin and increases cell renewal, effective against acne and blackheads.
- PHA – Locks in plenty of moisture, Perfect for sensitive skin and those with rosacea. Acts as an antioxidant and speeds up cell renewal.
- Niacinamide – vitamin B3 addresses multiple skin concerns such as redness, uneven complexion, hyperpigmentation, dull skin, enlarged pores etc. . It also brightens overall skin complexion.
Water,Butylene Glycol,Dipropylene Glycol,Glycerin,Niacinamide,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Water,Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Seed Extract,Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract,Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract,Swiftlet Nest Extract,Sodium Hyaluronate,Fructan,Allantoin,Adenosine,Hydroxyethyl Urea,Xylitol,Salicylic Acid,Lactobionic Acid,Citric Acid,Sodium Citrate,1,2-Hexanediol,Benzyl Glycol,Ethylhexylglycerin,Raspberry Ketone,Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil.
30-DAYS MIRACLE TONER REVIEW.
I’ve been using this toner for about 2 months and I can definitely see changes. I had a skin fungal breakout earlier in July and this toner has helped in reducing my breakout spots, also cleared out clogged pores majorly from air pollution.
The combination of AHA-BHA-PHA work as an excellent, effective exfoliator which leaves a radiant, clear skin. It tightened pores, brighten skin complexion and provided more hydration to my skin.
Despite the powerful ingredients in this alcohol free toner, it has an optimal pH of 5.5 which makes it mild and skin friendly for all skin types. It is also easy to incorporate in any skincare routine.
It’s also quite affordable considering it offers more.
HOW TO USE
- After cleansing, soak a cotton pad with the toner and gently wipe over your skin. Tap to ensure absorption.
- Moisturize and Apply Sunscreen. It is always smart to use a high SPF as the final step in your morning skin care routine to help protect your skin against early signs of ageing and sun damage, but it is vital when using acids.
- Apply your eye cream and moisturizer as the final step in your evening skin care routine.
Personally, this miracle toner proved it effectiveness and I’ll be sticking to it as my primary toner.
Is this product worth the hype? Yes, it does. Will I recommend it? Of course, I will especially if you are battling with acne and you are looking for a mild exfoliator.
Overall, I’ll be rating this a 8/10.
Have you tried this miracle toner? What do you think about my review? Share with me in the comments below
Haleemah Al-Sadiya 🌸