Have you tried some amazing, luxury or drugstore skincare products hoping for an beautiful result and it ends up either doing nothing or making your skin worse?
Well, it’s one of those things we all go through finding out and understanding our skin type.
First, we have to believe skincare is art and also science. Understanding your skin type is very important but not as important as finding your skin type. You might be thinking what’s the difference between finding and understanding your skin type ?
Finding your skin type is knowing your exact skin type, is it dry, acne-prone, oily etc. while understanding your skin type is knowing what formulations or products that works for your skin type without causing any harm. If you do not find your skin type, you will be unable to understand your skin type thereby leading to buying products excessively that might not work for you, causing more harm to your skin and a lot more.
• So How Do You Know Your Skin Type?
Incase you are wondering how many skin types do we have and how to identify yours? Why don’t you grab a chilled drink and keep on reading 💃🏻
1. Oily Skin – Oily skin gives a greasy and glowing look. People with oily skin find makeup and skincare products do not stay the way they want it to, coupled with clogged pores and prone to blackheads and breakouts.
Stress and Heat are factors to consider for those with oily skin type.
2. Dry Skin – Dry skin types battle with dryness, dull complexion, visible lines, very fine pores and red patches. The skin cracks, peel, becomes itchy and irritated over time. When extremely dry, skin becomes rough and scaly. Major cause of dry skin is lack of oil production in the skin. Other causes includes; long hot bathes, ingredients in products, aging, weather, hormone imbalance and genetics.
3. Normal Skin – This type of skin is characterized as being smooth, supple and soft. People with normal skin type do not feel dryness, oiliness and sensitivity. A Radiant complexion with few imperfections, thanks to their Genes.
4. Combination Skin – One of the most common skin type. It’s characterized by the skin being dry or normal in some areas like the cheek and oily in other parts like the T-zones- nose, chin and forehead.
5. Sensitive Skin – This is also considered as a skin type. People with Dry, Oily and Combination skin type can also have a Sensitive skin type. Inflammation is one of the cons of this skin type, coupled with itchiness, redness, skin irritation and eczema. There are lot of factors that contributes to a sensitive skin type which includes; Genes, Hormonal imbalance, Weather, Harsh chemicals, Ingredients in Products, Fragrances or allergies.
Finally, we do know our skin types 💃🏻.
But do you understand it and how to care for it ?
Stay tuned to my next post 💋💋
If you are still asking yourself what’s my skin type after this post, you might need to seek consultants on with your dermatologist or aesthetician.
What’s your skin type? How do you care for it? Share with me in the comments section
Haleemah Al-Sadiya 🌹