I have paid less attention to my hair these past few months and focused more on my skin. I came across the brand on Instagram and I really did wanted to try it out.
Truth by Tasala is a Nigerian haircare range by Hair expert Tasalahq. This brand was launched April 2019. I recently purchased this and I’m here to share reviews with you 💃🏾💃🏾.
So what’s does this brand consist of?
This hair care range consists of a Aloe detangling shampoo, Restore conditioner, Shea Moist leave in conditioner, Aloe curling puddling and Shea Mango hair butter.
All products comes in a sturdy plastic and the brand label placed across the plastic. The shampoo, conditioner and leave in conditioner has a white nozzle while the hair butter and curling puddling comes with a fancy aluminium cover.
▪ ALOE DETANGLING SHAMPOO: This sulphate free shampoo claims to gently cleanse and helps to restore the right moisture balance to your hair. Shampoo is free from sulphate, mineral oil, parabens and formaldehyde.
– It has a Light weight texture, sticky to touch. Fragrance is quite heavenly. Shampoo lather easily.
Top active ingredients includes; Aloe leaf juice, Shea butter and Glycerin. Yes, my hair was really clean after washing.
▪ RESTORE CONDITIONER: Formulated with a blend of hydrolysed proteins and unique moisturizing ingredients to create the perfect balance for dry or weak hair. This conditioner can be used as both a rinse out conditioner and a deep penetrating treatment.
Texture of the conditioner is a little heavy, lovely fragrance too.
Restore conditioner is aimed to strengthen, soft and moisturize hair.
▪ SHEA MOIST LEAVE IN CONDITIONER: Shea moist leave in conditioner acts as a heat protector and daily moisturiser. It contains a blend of natural oils and proteins to lock in moisture and keep hair perfectly detangled. This has similar fragrance with the restore conditioner but has a lightweight texture compared to it.
This is my second favourite product from the brand. Active ingredients includes; Shea butter, Argan oil and Moringa oil.
▪ SHEA MANGO HAIR BUTTER: This lightweight hair butter is blended with specially selected oils and butter to condition and seal in moisture in hair.
Ingredients includes; Shea butter, Cocoa butter, Mango butter, Vitamins A, D & E, Avocado oil, Orange oil, Sunflower oil, Olive oil, Argan oil and Mustard oil.
Like guys, this is my favourite product. I’m a sucker for great hair oils. I’ve always wanted to get mango butter incorporated in my natural hair routine but I’ve been unable to lay my hands on one. This hair butter and leave in conditioner attracted me to purchasing this brand. I’m definitely gonna repurchase this.
▪ ALOE CURLING PUDDLING: This lightweight moisturizing gel is ideal for twists and twist outs. It does not flake and dries without residue. It can also be used for natural curl and coils definition.
I’m a bit indifferent about this curling puddling. I would be glad if it works out on my edges.
▪ FINAL THOUGHTS: So far, I’m really impressed eith the hair butter and detangling shampoo. I’ve never been a fan of Shampoo, but this is quite different. I might likely repurchase the shampoo.
I’m still skeptical about the leave in conditioner, it’s good, the ingredients seems perfect but I will love more moisture.
Truth by Tasala ……will set your hair free
Have you tried this brand? What do you look for when purchasing a new Product? I will love to hear from you in the comments below
Haleemah Al-sadiya 🌹