Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Advance to all my Readers.
I can’t believe 2018 is almost over, time flies pretty fast. These past days (over a week), I’ve been extremely happy and I love the feeling. I’m grateful for everything; the lessons learnt, the blessings, comeback & setback, and all.
You all know I’ve been all bout Korean skincare routine and my skin loves it so much. I decided to try out Serums.
Serums are clear, light-weight acids and personalized step in skincare routine which targets personalized complexion concerns/areas be It hyper pigmentation, wrinkles, fine lines etc. They are various types of serums ranging from Retinol, Ascorbic acid (Vit. C), Niacinamide (Vit B) etc.
**Just because you have sensitive skin or are new to acids doesn’t mean you have to be afraid of acids**
I will be reviewing the Holy Grail Vitamin C Serum which is the “COSRX TRIPLE C LIGHTENING LIQUID”💃🏾💃🏾
▪ UNDERSTANDING VITAMIN C SERUM
Vitamin C or Ascorbic acid is an antioxidant, that helps protect your skin against free radicals & skin damage, which escalate the process of premature ageing, brown spots and wrinkles. It also boost collagen production, helps eliminate pigmentation, fine lines, acne scars and brighten the skin. Constant use of Vitamin C gives you an even skintone and a glowing complexion. Vitamin C is a key component to many skin brightening regimens.
▪ COSRX TRIPLE C LIGHTENING LIQUID
The Triple C Lightning Liquid is a product collaboration between Soko Glam founder, Charlotte Cho, and K-beauty brand COSRX launched in April 2017. They teamed up to create the powerful brightening treatment that is formulated with 20.5% Ascorbic acid which is one of the highest concentrations available on the market. This product sold out within few hours of launching 🙌.
The Triple C Lightening Liquid is also formulated with 72% Black Chokeberry which helps to stabilize the Vitamin C. Benefits of Black Chokeberries included protecting skin from UV rays of sun, aids in treatment of acne & promotes smooth, hydrated skin.
I have an acne-prone/combination/sensitive skin type, so I’m always conscious & selective bout products but COSRX is one brand that my skin loves so much.
Tbh, I was a bit skeptical buying this serum not because of the price but the high concentration, 20.5% Vit. C 😮. I almost opted for KLAIRS freshly juiced vitamin C serum which has just 5% concentration, but with the COSRX review’s I read and I just wanted it. I bought this Serum for NGN 18000 from my favourite beauty store @beautyretailng 💕💕
▪ PACKAGING – This Serum comes in a Black carton with Gold writings on the body. Inside holds the dark Navy Blue glass bottle with Gold font writings and also a dropper applicator with a White and Gold cap.
▪ TEXTURE & SMELL – It’s pretty light weight and has a watery consistency. It starts off clear to pale yellow in color. No fragrance and has a PH level of 3.
▪ HOW TO USE – When your first start using it, start by mixing 2-3 drops in your moisturizer and applying onto your face every night. If you see no signs of irritation after two weeks, apply 1-2 drops directly onto your skin every other night, always following with a hydrating moisturizer. Gradually work your way up to applying the serum every night. This Vitamin C serum is recommended as a night treatment. If used before sun exposure, make sure to apply sunscreen, as recommended with any pure Vitamin C serum.
The Triple C Lightning Liquid is a highly concentrated serum with pure Vitamin C, so your skin may feel sensitive or tingly upon application. If sensitive, try mixing 2-3 drops of the serum in toner or essence and apply onto skin.
▪ NOTE – Sediments may occur in the bottle neck and the bottom, but this is normal and safe to use. Yellowing is a Natural phenomenon of pure Vitamin C. As this product contains a high concentration of pure Vitamin C, it is highly recommended to use the product as soon as possible.
To maximize the effectiveness of your serum, it’s best to store it in the refrigerator or a cool, dark place. Keep the bottle air tight. Once serum starts changing to dark yellow or brown, it’s fully oxidized and it’s time to replace it.
▪ PERFORMANCE/REVIEW – I bought this product because I was keeping up with my Korean skincare routine. I didn’t have any scars, pigmentation, wrinkles or such. Even if you don’t have pigmentation problems, Vitamin C helps slough away dead skin cells to help skin glow on it’s own.
When I initially used the serum, I did notice a slight tingly sensation. I was eager to use this serum as I started applying 2-3 drops directly on my face every night before applyiny my moisturizer and I noticed some whiteheads and minor breakouts within the first week. I felt it was pretty much due to my sensitive skin and the high concentration, I just needed to be a bit patient.
Acids like pure Vitamin C deep clean and exfoliate beneath the surface of your skin, you may experience some purging. Since the COSRX Triple C Lightning Liquid is a concentrated and strong exfoliator, it brings out dead skin cells and other gunk to the surface through the form of whiteheads.
Just be aware of the kind of reactions you’re seeing. It’s normal to see small whiteheads and slight redness and even experience a tingling sensation. But if you start developing deep, angry cysts or breakouts and/or your redness starts getting worse day after day, take a break from using the acid. – Soko Glam
The second week, I started applying 1-2 drops with my toner and the tingly sensation stopped and also my breakouts reduced and my skin was getting clear 💃🏾
Week 3, I speeded up my game by applying 2-3 drops of the serum with my COSRX NATURAL BHA SKIN RETURNING EMULSION as moisturizer every morning and night and my skin tone seemed brighter, clearer and supple. Also, my brown sunspots wasn’t that visible anymore 💃🏾💃🏾. I’m really happy with the result so far.
On my fourth week, and I can say my skin is really clear and brighter than before and I’m in love with this serum.
▪ FINAL THOUGHTS
Tho I don’t have any serious skin problem, but this serum made my skin brighter and clearer while adding glow to it. I can say I haven’t had skin breakout for over a month plus and that’s awesome. This Serum is Magic, I’m glad I did purchase it🙌🌠.
I haven’t used up to half of this serum and I doubt I can finish it in the next two months if it doesn’t oxidize fully, I can share if you don’t mind 😋
Have you tried out this Serum? What’s your take about COSRX?? What’s your fave serum???
Share your thoughts and questions about Vitamin C in the comments
Haleemah Al-sadiya 🌹
● SHOP THE STORY ●