It’s Taurus season and guess who’s a year older? That’s right, MEEEEEE!!!
After clocking 21, I’ve been skeptical about accepting my age due to fear of getting old. To be honest, I wanted to be stuck with that age 🤷🏻♀️.
I know as a woman, Society thinks you should be afraid of getting older but I’m starting to love it. Every year, I sink deeper into this bathe of unapologetic realness and it’s amazing!
Earlier this month, I wrote a love note to myself and I’ve never felt that much better. I’m ready to forgive, to heal, to love and more importantly to accept me.
Somewhere along the way, I lost the self love and became my greatest enemy . But I’m relearning and rediscovering myself accepting sometimes it takes patience and time, I’m beautifully flawed and I’m loving every part of my body. It’s wasn’t an easy start but I’ve been waiting my whole life for this.
~ 23 THINGS I’VE LEARNT ABOUT MYSELF THESE PAST FEW YEARS
Life is a roller coaster full of happiness, sadness, emotions and all. I’ve definitely learned a lot of things about myself, generally in all aspect while growing up from being a teenager till date and I thought to share this things with you.
1. Knowing your limitations and boundaries. If you don’t know and set your boundaries, no one else will do it for you! It’s important to be aware of and to respect other people’s boundaries and their right to have them- even if you don’t agree with them
2. The more you give, the more you get! Here’s something I learnt in my early twenties. Yes, be selfish with your time but be careful to spend time with those that add value.
3. Your Health matters! Living healthy is not just about eating healthy and working out, it’s a state of mind on its own.
4. Self care is IMPORTANT. If there’s anything I’ve preached enough this year, then it has to be self care. Create time for yourself, find what make you happy, treat your skin and take your self out for lunch or dinner. Love yourself and be proud of you.
5. No one owes you anything. To be honest, no one really does. You gotta stand up on your own and do what you gotta do to survive, Work hard! I have this hate relationship with people that fill entitled.
6. If you want something done, you gotta do it yourself. Waiting for something to happen or someone else to do it for you even as little as errands is tiring and disappointing. You just need to step up, figure it out and do it yourself.
7. I learnt how to accept my diagnosis. Being diagnosed with scoliosis at an early age of 13 was difficult and challenging. Fortunately, my curvature was not big enough to require surgery but I did have to wear braces frequently- I still do. Becoming self conscious of how I do things and wearing loose clothings to avoid being teased, taunted or mocked was another challenge. Sometimes last year, I learnt Scoliosis doesn’t define me neither does my physical body.
READ: LIVING WITH SCOLIOSIS
8. I learnt not to judge people. Every human has their own problems and struggles. You shouldn’t judge others until you’ve walked in their shoes, it’s not your responsibility. I also find it as a waste of precious time. I came across a quote sometime and it says “The wise you become, the more you respect other people”
9. Love is not enough in a relationship. Yes, you love each other but do you have values that align with each other’s? Does your partner have a positive mindset? Are you okay with each other differences? Are they boundaries set? and few others are things you need to look out for.
10. I learned keeping up with my skincare routine is more important that new outfits. It’s no news that I’m a product junkie when it comes to skincare and COSRX brand is my favorite skincare brand.
11. I learnt I’m a cake addict. The only reason I will say no to cakes is only if I don’t like you or I don’t like the cake 😂
12. I learnt building a great relationship with God is everything you could possible ask for. I had just two goals when we approached 2020; which was being closer to God and Self care.
13. Learn to forgive and heal. Well, this can be difficult most times but it’s good to let go of such feelings that make you unhappy
14. Happiness is an illusion. Chasing after happiness like it’s at the end the work, is like chasing a mirage. As you approach it, you get disappointed because it was not there all along. “The pursuit of happiness is actually the cause of much of our misery.”–Zat Rana.
15. Be content. Contentment is the number one step of having peace of mind. Once you are content with your life and what you have, peace of mind comes naturally. We can aim high but be content while working on a better future. Never compare your self to others
16. It’s okay not to have everything figured out. There was a point in my life I thought or felt I had it all figured out, more than once 😂. I became a bit wise and realized the truth of matter is that you’ve never got it all figured out. What’s right today might not be right tomorrow. Change is inevitable. You have to explore, be ready to take risks. If you take a risk and it doesn’t work out, do something completely different. Keep trying and don’t stop!
17. I learned opening up is more difficult than It appears to be. Sometimes, it’s worth it when opening up to the right people.
18. I enjoy my personal space. Falling in love with my solitude is bliss
19. It’s okay to stand up for something and not to be liked for it. It’s not easy to do the right thing or the things you feel convicted about. Standing up against something is okay because you leave knowing it’s your own choice and no one else’s. I’ll rather blame myself for my action than have others to blame for mine.
20. I learnt I am the strongest when I think I am weak
21. I learned to value kindness and gratitude.
22. I am learning how to heal. “To heal, you have to get to the root of the wound and kiss it all the way up” – Rupi Kaur.
23. Lastly, I did also learn that Everything I want Exists! Do not settle for less or infidelity until you get it!!!
Happy Birthday Haleemah Al-Sadiya 🌹
I just want you to know I love you so much ❤️❤️🥂
I know this is a long post , Thank you for sticking around all the way to the bottom. To my blog viewers, Thank you for the support. I love you all ❤️
What lessons have you learned these past few years? Share with me in the comments 💋
Haleemah Al-Sadiya 🌹