Welcome back to Halsadiya Beauty blog. I know I have been away for couple of weeks but I promise to make this up.
The beauty industry is currently valued at as estimated $532 Billion according to a new report from retail analytics firm Edited.
The rise of beauty bloggers & vloggers sharing blog posts, YouTube tutorials and posting about their favorite beauty products on Instagram has changed the way consumers discover new products and engage with brands. With so many products in the beauty industry, it can be really difficult to decide which product is totally worth it. Do you really need to spend so much on a lipstick, moisturizer or shampoo?
To be honest, there is this feeling that comes with using a luxury beauty product. But not all worth the hype. There is also nothing wrong in getting in getting high end products if you are quite comfortable with it and makes you feel good.
But when you are trying to look your best and you need lot of products, a girl’s gotta be smart about making her choices as there are variety of options in this market. Here is a list of beauty products worth breaking the bank for, along those you should either skip or get for less. You sure you do not need something to munch on?
▪ Mascara – Mascara’s formula are really not different. Many drugstore mascara’s have formula comparable to high end mascara’s. There are plenty of drugstore mascara’s that provides great formula and very affordable. Mascara’s have a short shell life and tends to dry out quickly within three months, so spending on a high end mascara isn’t practical. Brands like Maybelline, Zaron and Jordana are really affordable and give quality effect
▪ Shampoo – There are lot of drugstore shampoo that cleanses very well. As much as you really want to splurge on shampoo, it is not practical enough. You spend less than 5- 10 minutes massaging shampoo into your scalp before rinsing it out. As long as the shampoo does not strip your hair of its natural oil, does not contain sulfates and other bad ingredients that dries out your hair, it is definitely okay.
▪ Lip liners– There are only a few wood-pencil manufacturers in the world, most brands come from the same factory,” says Barnes. Lip liners are not that important but it does make your lipstick look better and last longer. You may want to spend more on the lipstick, but you can save on the liner
▪ Eyeliner – Drugstores nowadays sell a wide variety of eyeliners; whether your handiest with a pot and brush, a wand, or a pencil, there’s a perfect eyeliner for everyone. Not to mention, many drugstore eyeliner formulas are just as good as those of high-end eyeliners. Try out Revlon, L’oreal, Milani and Maybelline.
▪ Lip Glosses – It’s going to come off when you have your coffee Or A drink and you will want to reapply this throughout the day to maintain a glossy pucker.
The fact is, lip glosses rarely last, so why spend big bucks on them?
▪ Skincare: Your skin is like an outfit that you have to wear for the rest of your life, so spending a bit more for great products is a worthy investment! It’s also the basis for all of your makeup — it goes on better, and you need less makeup if you have a beautiful, healthy skin! Different lines and products work better or worse on different people, so I recommend experimenting until you find what’s best for you. As for me, COSRX skincare line is my Holy Grail product.
▪ Foundation and Concealer – Having a great base will not only make your skin look flawless but will make the rest of your makeup look better.
There is one item that every makeup artist deemed as splurge-worthy and that is foundation. Wearing the right shade of foundation and Concealer for your skin tone is, by far, the most important part of your makeup routine. The last thing you should do is grab foundation from the drugstore as high end foundation and concealer do perform better than a lot of drugstore foundation and concealer.
High-end foundations and concealers are certainly splurge-worthy!
▪ Lipsticks – High end lipsticks cost more not just because the brand offers more options and varieties of shade but in terms of colour and pigment. The texture is usually creamier and sits better on the lips, and the colour richer and fuller-bodied.
Formulations from Chanel, M.A.C., Kat Von D, and Dior can’t be beaten. Going for high-end lipsticks can ensure you’re getting the best product for every-day use, which is definitely worth the extra dollars
▪ Conditioners – If you definitely want to keep a healthy hair, irrespective of natural and relaxed hair- you really do have to splurge of conditioners ranging from leave in conditioners, deep conditioners and rinse out conditioners. Your Haircare is key because unfortunately, most drugstore brands contain harmful ingredients that can dry out your hair and cause breakage.
Watch out for alcohol, silicones and sulfates — those are the main ingredients to avoid!
▪ Make-up Brushes – Invest in synthetic bristles, which won’t hold on to bacteria like natural hair can. Synthetic brushes are easier to clean, and easier to use with wet makeup.
▪ Eyeshadow – I’m naturally not a fan of eye shadows but well you definitely need a high end eyeshadow that can serve both as shadow and highlighter 😉. High end shadows go on smoother, adhere better, stay on longer without creasing and offer richer, more pigmented colour. They offer quality formulas, finely milled and vibrant hues.
▪ Powders – Spending a bit more to get a well-milled, high quality formula when it comes to powders is a good investment. You’ll find that a perfect, flawless finish is much more easily achieved using a high end powder.
Since powders are beauty products you’ll use almost every time you put on makeup and to make reapplication less necessary, it’s worth investing in a product that will ensure your good makeup stays looking its best!
All beauty products are important but some are not really not necessary. One of the worst beauty purchases you can make is something you won’t use.
Don’t buy any product you feel pressurized to get and also products you have no idea what it does or how to use it. Most times, it just end up in your beauty bag till it get expired.
I hope this post helps you in your next trip to the beauty store so that you’re able to make financially and beautifully wise decisions about your personal care routines that help you look and feel stunning inside and out!
Kisses and Hugs 💋
Haleemah Al-sadiya 🌹
Hey, don’t forget to follow me on my social media pages and also leave likes and comments ❤❤