Welcome back to Halsadiya Beauty blog and Happy New Year dolls 💃🏾💃🏾
Can you believe we already in 2019?
2018 was an amazing year, filled with Ups and Downs. The year I moved to Premium WordPress, hit 10k views around September and in less than 3 months, I hit 20k views 💃🏾. Also, my Blog DA and PA increased and lot more. May this new year bring lot of happiness, New goals, achievements and much more 🙏💞.
I tried out something different on my natural hair; Mud 😂😂. Just kidding, It’s Bentonite Clay 😉. You have definitely heard a lot bout it benefits.
Bentonite Clay is used on natural hair to remove buildup, toxins, and impurities from the hair shaft which works as a clarifier and detoxifier.
Bentonite clay is also antimicrobial and helps with irritated or flaking scalps, in addition to psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis.
Bentonite clay contains a mixture of natural minerals that are beneficial for your hair and can encourage hair growth. It moisturizes, conditions, softens, and reduces frizz.
Bentonite clay also encourages curl definition and shine.
Yayy, so let’s get to how I used this clay on my hair. The best way to use bentonite clay on natural hair is to make a hair mask. On a basic level, all you need to do is mix clay with water, but I’ll suggest a few other ingredients to enhance your results.
● WHAT YOU WILL NEED
– Bentonite Clay; make sure you get a good brand. Here I used Bellz Detox Clay Powder
– Apple Cider Vinegar
– Aloe Vera gel (optional)
RECOMMENDED: Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera GEL
– JBCO/Coconut oil/ Lavender oil
– A plastic or Glass bowl and spoon/stirrer
● HOW TO MAKE BENTONITE CLAY MASK FOR NATURAL HAIR
First, start by adding bentonite clay in the bowl.
Add ACV to Clay, allow it to aerate and foam for 10-15 seconds before adding in the water. The reaction between the clay and ACV is essential to avoiding a lumpy mix. After the mixture has foamed for a few seconds, add little water. Simply mix until it reaches a yogurt consistency.
RECOMMENDED: BRAGGS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FOR HEALTHY HAIR AND SKIN
Then add 1 teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel, JBCO and any oil of your choice and stir till you get your desired consistency. Mix out any hard clumps of clay.
N.B: Use a wooden, plastic, or ceramic bowl and spoon to mix together the ingredients. Don’t use metal. Metal can activate the clay before it reaches your hair, reducing its ability to detoxify your hair.
● HOW TO APPLY TO HAIR
1. After washing and conditioning, Section hair into 4 or 6 parts
2. Apply the mixture to damp hair. Make sure your hair is completely coated with mask. If your hair begins to dry while applying the mask, keep a spray bottle nearby to spritz and keep the hair damp, but not dripping wet.
3. Cover hair with a plastic cap or bag for about 20-30 minutes. You can use a hand dry or steamer for extra heat.
4. Rinse out clay mask. Ensure you rinse thoroughly, you definitely don’t want left over clay on your hair.
5. Follow up with conditioning or deep conditioning. I deep conditioned my hair with my fave deep conditioner for 20-30 minutes again.
RECOMMENDED– SHEA MOISTURE JBCO DEEP TREATMENT MASQUE
6. Rinse out deep conditioner and use a White cotton T-shirt to dry out hair.
I complained bout my hair being dry and breaking out last 2 weeks due to improper care and neglecting of my hair. I experienced so much break out (might be exaggerating a bit) that forced me to try out this clay mask and I’m glad I did.
OMG, my hair felt so soft and my curls were more defined and shiny. I knew and felt my hair was so moisturized. Results were instant and I will be adding this to my hair regimen 💃🏾💃🏾
Have you tried this treatment? How did it go? Let us know in the comments section!
Much Love 💞
Haleemah Al-sadiya 🌹