Welcome back to Halsadiya Beauty blog 💃🏾
How’s it going out there? Last week was really awesome and stressful at the same time, but I’m really grateful for all.
So, as a Pinterest addict; I was going thru my feeds and came across a chart of ABC’s of skincare and I thought it will be nice to write and explain bout this to my readers. Before then, I was going to review couple of products I’ve been using and I think it better I explain bout some ingredients before the product review.
Having a perfect skincare routine has been my greatest fantasy and I will do anything to get that 😉 even if I have to try every beauty products on earth 😁. Considering my combination/acne prone/ sensitive skin, it seems like a nightmare to find the perfect product or ingredients I won’t react to.
The ingredients in our skincare products are very important than you can imagine. If you react to certain ingredients, you should know to avoid that and also if you looking for products that will provide visible results in few days, then you should know the ingredients you should target.
Getting to know the ingredients are in our beauty products really matter because the skin can absorb a lot products, so you want to make sure that what you are putting on your face is not just basic and contains good nutrients for the skin.
● THE A’s
▪ AHA – Alpha Hydroxy Acid are organic exfoliating acid derived from various plants that gently removes the surface layer of dead skin cells.
Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) such as glycolic acid and lactic acid are often found in cleansers, exfoliating agents and moisturizers and are commonly used in anti-acne skincare. AHAs speed cell turnover, shedding dead cells and revealing new ones.
▪ ALOE VERA – Aloe helps reduce inflammation and increase hydration by binding moisture to the skin.
▪ ARBUTIN – Arbutin is a natural skin brightened derived from bearberries that inhibits cells from producing skin darkening pigment.
▪ VITAMIN A– Vitamin A also called retinol, helps generate better healthier skin cells and also provide protection from free radicals. Vitamin A is the source of the anti-aging powerhouse retinol, it repairs and builds collagen and elastin.
● THE B’s
▪ BHA– Beta Hydroxy Acid is a chemical exfoliant that can clear blackheads, minimise large pores & reduce milia. Salicylic acid is a BHA that is commonly used to prevent & treat acne.
▪ VITAMIN B3 – Niacin or Niacinamide; it works to stimulate circulation in the skin, preventing moisture loss. It also helps to decrease appearance of acne, hyperpigmentation as well as uneven skin tone, fine lines & breakout.
▪ BAMBOO EXTRACT – IT is used in Asia for centuries to heal skin. It has anti-inflammatory & antibacterial properties. It also contains antioxidants and is known to act as humectant by drawing moisture to the skin.
▪ BEE VENOM – high in nutrients like amino acids and enzymes. It has powerful anti-inflammatory & moisturizing effects that helps the skin stay hydrated and protected.
● THE C’s
▪ CERAMIDES – are lipids that helps hold skin cells together and helps to achieve dewier, more radiant skin.
▪ VITAMIN C – Ascorbic acid; helps to reverse free radical damage from sun and environmental pollutants. It reverse signs on aging, wrinkles, fine lines, pigmentation and dullness. Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant that encourages tissue growth & repair of collagen production. It is a must have for a healthy, vibrant & brighter skin.
▪ CALENDULA – IT is shown to promote skin healing and repairing. It also reduce inflammation making it perfect skincare ingredient for sensitive skin types.
▪ COLLAGEN – is a protein that makes skin elastic, have a healthy, wrinkle-free appearance.
Stay tuned to find out the rest of the alphabets or to know more bout skin products, reviews and all 😁
Haleemah Al-sadiya 🌸🌹
Don’t forget to drop likes and comments; and while I’m not here, check me out on my social media pages 👇
Pinterest: HALSADIYA BEAUTY BLOG