Welcome back to Halsadiya Beauty blog 💃🏾
How’s the week going for You?
During the weekend, I tried out a new facial scrub recipe. You know I always keep up with my weekly beauty routine. I usually use white sugar and coconut oil as my face scrub, so I thought- why not spice it up? 🤔
The only store bought facial scrub that didn’t have any side effect on my skin was Peter Thomas Roth buffing beads which isn’t widely available in all countries.
So I went into my kitchen And I came up with this. Keep reading if you want to learn how to make this scrub yourself and the benefits of it;
● WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Pure green tea bags
- Granulated sugar (either white or brown)
- Pure honey
- Coconut oil (any oil of your choice)
- Small container and a mixing spoon
Taking a look at these ingredients 👇
▪ Green tea is naturally rich in antioxidants which protects the skin from free radicals. The antioxidants found in green tea improves, repair and protect the skin from ageing, acne and UV days.
▪ Sugar is a humectant which helps to retain skin moisture. Sugar contains glycolic acid which may help encourage cell turnover and fresh looking skin.
▪ Raw Honey contains antioxidants and natural enzymes that have proven to heal and rejuvenate the skin helping it appear younger and smoother. Honey also fight against acne, thanks to its antibacterial properties.
▪ Coconut Oil is naturally antibacterial and antifungal. It nourishes the skin and helps to promote the production of collagen.
These ingredients makes an amazing face scrub.
● MIXING DIRECTIONS
- First, I squeezed out the green Tea bags to get a little green tea juice.
- I opened the green Tea bag and emptied the leaves into a small container.
- Adding 1 tablespoon full of white sugar.
- Also, adding 2 tablespoon of raw honey and 1 tablespoon full of coconut oil to the mixture.
- Then I mixed them thoroughly till I got a little not too thick consistency.
● DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY
- Starting with a clean face, I applied the mixture onto my face scrubbing gently in circular motions avoiding my eye area for about 1 min.
- I also applied it on my neck and upper part of my chest and let it dry for about 10 mins.
- Then, I rinsed my face and neck with lukewarm water and used a clean face towel to dry my face
N:B – This mixture works both as a facial scrub and facial mask.
- I still went ahead to apply my Alikay Naturals dead sea mud mask . Rinsed it off and applied Aloe Vera gel as my moisturizer.
SHORT STORY – I really do have a sensitive skin. I scrubbed my chest and neck a little bit hard and they looked so red like I was hit by someone 😂😂. Disadvantages of having a sensitive skin 😭, if you hold my hands too tight, they appear red too and I can’t even mistakenly touch my face for long or pick on a blackhead. Lol, Sometimes I wish I had a darker skin 😛.
● MY HONEST REVIEW
I was really happy after I used this scrub. My face felt pretty soft and smooth and also free of dirts. It tightened my skin and pores while detoxifying and cleansing my skin. My face did feel fresh after usage. I will definitely try this again. How bout you???
Did you enjoy this?
Will you love to try it out? What’s your go to D-I-Y face scrub?? See you in the comment section 💋💋
Hugs and Kisses 💋
Haleemah Al-sadiya 🌹