Hey fam, How you all doing?
I’ve been keeping this post in my draft for couple of weeks now. Damn, I’m so lazy, it’s not my fault tho. I have been having a very tight schedule this days which is due to the fact that I’ve been reposted to a high traffic branch and I hardly get free time.
Carrots are not just vegetables for the kitchen anymore. They are now part of beauty routine which are helpful in building soft and supple skin and also aiding in hair growth.
Carrots are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals which protect, nourish and moisturize the skin. It is rich in Vit B,C,D and E and contains over 600 carotenoids (powerful antioxidants); The most important being Beta-carotene, which our body converts into active vitamin A. Carrots acts as am anti-inflammatory and revitalise and tone the skin.
Carrot seed oil is an essential oil. Carrot seed oil are used to treat dermatitis, eczema, rashes and wrinkles caused by free radicals. They are great addition to any DIY sunscreen with a natural SPF of approximately 38. Wooooow 🤓
Carrot seed oil is also antibacterial. They are good for split ends and damage from chemical treatments. Carrot seed oil is very easy to make at home.
HOW TO MAKE CARROT SEED OIL YOURSELF
– TOOLS & INGREDIENTS
- 5-6 carrots
- Oil of your choice; either coconut oil/olive oil/sunflower oil
- A clean glass jar
- Hand grater
- Wash and peel the skin of the carrots
- Grate the carrots with hand grater into a clean bowl
- Place the grater carrots in the clean glass jar and cover with oil of your choice.
- Cover the jar and place in a warm spot like a window sill or behind the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks. This process is called macerating.
- Shake everyday. The beta-carotene & fat soluble vitamins will dissolve in the oil. And the oil will take a pale orange color.
- After 2 weeks, strain the oil using a mesh strainer into another clean jar.
- Store in a cool dry place.
That’s all fam, it’s quite easy. I made mine already since February and it’s a pity I didn’t take pictures 😭😭. I downloaded some for you guys on Pinterest 💋
Let me list some benefits of carrot seed oil 👇
- Carrot seed oil kees your skin young and glowing
- It soothes and prevent irritations
- Heal dry, cracked and chapped skin
- They can be added to beauty masks, lotions and moisturizing creams
- It adds glow and softness to the hair
- It promotes hair growth, protect scalp and prevent hair loss
- Prevents hair from drying out & becoming fragile
- It can be used as a pre-shampoo
- Moisturizes dry scalp and seal & prevent split ends.
- It is great as an anti-aging serum.
Carrot seed oil is really essential to us all. Everyone need a bottle of carrot seed oil.
I use this often on my hair and also mixed it with whipped shea butter, JBCO, avocado oil, olive oil and coconut oil for my growth treatment. I’ve been seeing lot of improvements in my hair.
I also use carrot seed oil on my face and body (sometimes on body) as a moisturizer, my skin is really glowing 😛
You should all try it out.
Have you tried carrot seed oil?? Share your thoughts with me in the comment section 💃
Stay blessed ❣❣❣
Haleemah Al-sadiya 🌸🌹
Don’t forget to follow my blog via e-mail 👇
And join me on my social media pages 👇
Twitter – @theladylymarh
Instagram – @theladylymarh
Pinterest – halsadiya
Tumblr – halsadiya