Hey guys, Happy democracy and Ramadan Kareem to my muslim followers ❤.
Face masks are one part of skincare regime. Face masks detoxify your skin, unclog pores, tighten your skin, stimulate blood circulation, mousturize the skin and also encourage collagen production.
Some store-bought/ already made masks can be unhealthy for your skin as most do contain chemicals and adhesives. If you are going to purchase one, ensure you look out for those with less chemicals and adhesives and more of natural products.
Do-It-Yourself face masks can be of great help to your skin as these are homemade masks done by yourself using organic ingredients such as vegetables, yogurts, fruits, milk, honey, eggs, oats and lot more that can be easily accessible from your kitchen. These ingredients are friendly on skin and fun to experiment with.
So this week, I made my face masks with oats, honey, coconut oil & carrot oil. Taking a look at these ingredients;
- OATS- this contains anti-inflammatory properties and saponins, a cleansing agent, making oats perfect for all skin types including sensitive skin.
- HONEY- this consists of antioxidant & antibacterial properties. Honey is perfect for achieving that ‘glow’ while fighting acne and nourishing aging skin.
- COCONUT OIL- this is naturally antibacterial and antifungal. It nourishes the skin and encourage the production of collagen. Lastly,
- CARROT OIL- It is rich in beta-carotene. It tones the skin and has skin healing and rejuvenating properties. It is also high in antioxidants. It contains vitamin E & C which works together to help bring new life to skin. It reduces wrinkles and thin lines.
- 3 tablespoon of oats
- 1 table spoonful of honey
- 1/2 tea sponful of coconut oil
- 1/2 tea spoonful of carrot oil
- Mix the oats with little quantity of water in a small bowl to soften the oats. Leave for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add little quantity of water if the consistency is too thick.
- On a freshly washed face, apply the mixture onto your face evenly using clean hands. Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash of with water and dry with a clean face towel.
See as my face is glowing 😂😅😊. Well, this wasn’t a bad one. My face did feel smooth and moisturized. I wouldn’t mind try it again. I urge you all to try it out too. It’s stress free and doesn’t take much time. And you don’t have to break the bank for this.
I would love to try the oats and yogurt face mask or oats and lemon face mask someday later.
I hope this post was of great help to you ❤
Haleemah Al-sadiya 🌹
HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR FACE MASK??? OR WHICH STORE-BOUGHT PRODUCT DO YOU USE? WOULD YOU LOVE TO TRY THIS OUT???
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH ME IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW 👇