Happy New Month. Happy May Day 😋. May the Almighty continue to bless us and see us through 🙏
Yippee, see me smiling and blushing just because I’m sharing bout my natural hair wash day and product review with you guys. My hair is really growing and healthy, just 2 years and one month. I need to do a photo shoot with my hair. I also got two new products as a product junkie. I was on a protective style, so I had to wait till i loosened it and really tested this products. I will try not to make this post so long. Stay tuned beauties 😗😗
I’ve been preparing for my wash day since wednesday, I hate loosing/unraveling braids so I went to the salon. After my braids were out, I combed my hair out which i haven’t done in a while, I was shocked. So my hair was this long 😅😅. After all the drama taking pictures and all. My hair was washed using my CANTU cleansing cream shampoo which i reviewed HERE. Then conditioned with my CREME OF NATURE COCONUT MILK DETANGLING & CONDITIONING CONDITIONER by applying and leaving it on my hair for about 10 minutes and combing through before rinsing, I did review it right here.
After, that I did try the ORGANICS BY AFRICA’S BEST HAIR MAYONNAISE as a deep conditioner, keep reading to see the review. Then my hair was towel dried using my 100% cotton towel. I don’t dry my hair with heat, I’m so scared of heat damage. I applied AUNT JACKIE’S CURL LA LA as a leave in conditioner and also a butter and oil mixture (whipped shea butter mixed with olive oil, coconut oil, carrot oil and Jamaica black castor oil). Then, my stylist started making my hair in twists while applying AUNT JACKIE’S CURL LA LA as a defining curl custard.
– ORGANICS BY AFRICA’S BEST HAIR MAYONNAISE.
This is said to be a treatment for weak, damaged hair formulated with organic herbs, olive oil and egg protein. This is a very popular product especially in Nigeria, tho I’m just trying it out for the first time. I bought it around march but couldn’t try it out because I was on a protective style. I didn’t check out the ingredients when buying as it contains mineral oil and 2 silicones (phenyl trimethicone & dimethicone) 😮
- It is good as a protein treatment.
- It helps moisturize
- It makes hair feels soft
- It contains silicones and mineral oil.
- I dislike the smell.
- I didn’t notice any difference in my hair.
I wouldn’t be buying this product again since it does absolutely anything great to my hair except from making it feel soft. I don’t even know if I will be using it again. It’s just adding to my product’s, lol.
Yayyy, Finally Aunt Jackie’s defining curl custard 💃💃
– AUNT JACKIE’S CURL LA LA DEFINING CURL CUSTARD.
Aunt jackie’s curl la la defining curl custard is eco-friendly, sulfate free, paraben free, no mineral oil, no petrolatum & moisturizing. It is enriched with shea butter and olive oil.
Say Goodbye to frizz, unruly curls and lifeless coils. Define, shape and control curls, waves, coils & braid out, while adding moisture, shine & natural conditioning.
The Mega moisture humectants in CURL LA LA defining curl custard gives long-lasting bounce to curls and add shine & definition to spirals and coils. It define your signature look by adding a little or a lot, whatever your style, be rest assured that it will be well moisturized and soft to touch without flaking. That’s a whole lot of description 😁
– First of all, the packaging is really nice and it smells so wonderful. This is my first time using a curl custard and also first time trying out aunt jackie’s curls and coil range. I’m glad I tried it out.
– I have a type 4c with a tiny bit of 4b curl type and a medium porosity hair. This product defined my twist so well. It has a light hold and great slip. It is lilac in color. It didn’t leave any residue on my hair. I used it both as a leave in conditioner and curl custard, it makes my hair so soft and shiny. Define curls and coils. It also moisturizes the hair so well. I love this and will definitely repurchase, tho I will be trying out other products for reviews as a product junkie.
– I was really skeptical buying this product at first, even when i bought it and checked lot and lot of reviews from amazon, influester, kink and other blogs. I was like what if it doesn’t work for me, but what I noticed was most type 3 hair find it difficult to make do with this product and most type 4b/4c hair was satisfied with this product according to my research online. I’m glad it did work out for me and my hair. I will be happy to repurchase. I bought mine for 3000 or less at just rite, ikorodu road.
NB- Everything doesn’t work for everyone, so please don’t come for me if it doesn’t work for you 😛
Thank you for reading 💋💋💋💋💋💋💋
Have you tried this products? Or any other products from Aunt jackie’s curls and coils?? Are you a fan? I’ll like to know in the comment section below ❤
Let’s be friends 👇
PINTEREST- HALEEMAH AL-SADIYA