Hey babes, how you all enjoying your weekend? I’m always so excited when the weekend is around, no more office stress for some days. I wish we could have more weekends than weekdays 😂.
I’m going to share my natural hair routine with you all, it feels great to me. Like I get questions from people like “wah do you use for your hair”, “what product’s do you swear by”, how come your hair is this black”, “how do you take care of your hair while wearing scarves”, and lot more. Tbh, wearing a natural hair is more expensive and needs lot of care and time than permed hair.
I’ve been wearing my natural hair for couple of years, actually 2 years plus. I had my big chop twice, June 2014 and July 2015. I retained the same length for like 2-3 months before i started growing it. So I will be sharing the products I use and how I use some💋
NATURAL HAIR ROUTINE.
- SHAMPOO– I use El-glittas hair wonder shampoo most times, it contains natural ingredients and makes the hair soft and shiny. I always shampoo once or twice a month. Sometimes, I make a DIY shampoo using black soap, aloe vera, essential oils, coconut oil and olive oil.
- CONDITIONER- V05 conditioner is the only rinse out conditioner I’ve used. I also use it as a co-wash conditioner. I use it as rinse out after shampoo and co-wash during the week. I’m thinking of swapping to Cantu conditioner.
- DEEP CONDITIONER– I use both CANTU deep treatment masque and ORS olive oil replenishing conditioner as deep conditioners. They are both great and do wonders to the hair. I deep condition my hair once a month.
- LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER – CANTU leave in conditioning repair cream is the best leave in conditioner ever. I’m on the second jar and should repurchase asap. My hair loves this conditioner. I use this almost everyday. It has a lovely smell, strengthen my hair and moisturize it well.
- SHEA BUTTER– every lady wearing natural hair definitely have to use shea butter. It has a lot of benefits to the hair. I use this to seal my ends most times and also use it as a hair cream, from my scalp to my ends. Yes, you can use this everyday.
- OILS- coconut oil, olive oil and castor oil. I never run out of these oils. They are really great for natural hair. And they all have different purposes. They fix all things. I use the L.O.C method, liquid, oil and cream to moisturize my hair.
- ESSENTIAL OILS- These oils have different purposes and are essential for the hair. I use tea tree oil to reduce dandruffs and scalp itching, Carrot oil to add more vitamins to my hair. Also sweet almond oil. They are lot more, but I use only those three.
- ECO STYLER GEL– I use the olive oil eco styler gel, i feel this is best for my stubborn hair. It holds for like 4-5 hours. I don’t like the krystal, it flakes and leaves white residue on my hair. Someone told me to try Enliven gel, but i don’t know how good it is. I use this gel to lay my edges and keep my twist out in good shape. I use the ORS olive oil edge control too, i don’t really like it much tho.
So this is my natural hair routine. I hope i didn’t miss out on anything. In one of my next posts, i will be taking you all through my natural hair journey. I hope you all enjoyed this post.
What products do you use? What’s your natural hair routine like? Share with me in thr comment section please. Have a great week ahead, xoxo ❤
Haleemah Al-sadiya 🌹
Catch me on social media;
Snapchat : mz-lymarh
Pinterest: Haleemah Al-sadiya