Hello beauties, how you all doing? Been quite stressed and tired. May this new week be a blessing to us all 🙏! Merry Christmas in advance 💋
Coconut oil isn’t just for cooking, it is also a beauty multitasker used in many natural beauty products for lot of reasons. Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and antifungal. It has a nice smell and also an excellent moisturizer. Coconut oil has a vast benefit for health, hair and skin. There’s this saying that goes thus “I got 99 problems but coconut oil solved like 86 of them” 😂😂
I use Diamond extra virgin coconut oil for my skin, it isn’t clear white in color, it is cold press and it retails for 1,000 naira only. So cheap right ☺. I also use the El-shaddai pure coconut oil mostly for my hair and facial scrub, i don’t know why tho. I just feel the cold-press is mild on skin than the pure coconut oil (which is non cold-press).
Here are popular ways to use coconut oil for beauty treatments;
- AS A BODY BATTER: It moisturize and nourish the skin due to its natural anti-oxidant properties which makes it great for stopping wrinkles & skin irritation, replenishing the skin natural oil and making your skin soft. A whip mixture of shea butter and coconut oil makes a great body moisturizer for a soft, supple and glowing skin.
- MAKE-UP REMOVER: It’s great as an excellent make-up remover by putting few drops of coconut oil on a cotton ball and swiping it over the face to remove face make-up. It also lighten spots when rubbed directly on skin.
- LIP BALM: It works as an excellent lip balm by applying on the lips, while it helps relieve chapped lips and give your pout a shiny finish.
- AS AN INTENSIVE LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER: It works as a leave in conditioner by massaging coconut oil onto your hair after styling and covering your hair with your satin scarf or bonnet and leave it overnight. It will help restore shine & softness to dry and damaged hair.
- AS A NATURAL DEEP CONDITIONER: Letting your hair soak in coconut oil and putting shower cap over it for few hours will deep condition the hair and make it look & feel healthier.
- DANDRUFF REMOVER: It banishes dandruff when combined with an essential oil like tea tree oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil etc.
- AS BODY SCRUB: This body scrub acts as an exfoliator removing dead skin cells bymixing a table spoon of sugar with an equal amout of coconut oil, and using your hand to rub it over your face. Your skin feels so soft. You can also add few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- MOISTURIZING FACE MASKS: A facial mask consisting of coconut oil & honey helps eliminate dry skin while soothing and diminishing tha appearance of wrinkles by applying it as a mask and leaving it for few minutes before washing it off.
- AS A HIGHLIGHTER: By dabbling a little coconut oil onto the top of your chhekbones, cupid’s bow and above the eyebrow gives a natural glowy & fresh skin.
Thank you for reading 💋💋
How do you use coconut oil for beauty? Let me know in the comment section below.
Do not forget to follow me on social media;
- Instagram- @theladylymarh
- Twitter- @theladylymarh
- Snapchat- mz-lymarh
- Facebook- Haleemah Alabi
- Tumblr – Halsadiya
- Google+ – Haleemah Al-sadiya