Hey there, how you beauties doing? Happy new month to you all, may this last month be a blessing to us all 🙏. I hope you are having a great time out there? I’m going to tell you all bout papaya facial masks for bright and glowing skin. And it’s a DIY!
Recently, the weather has been so f**kinh hot, like we are closer to the sun 😂😂. I’ve been finding it hard to even put on make-up, been trying to keep my skin especially my face so smooth and bright and also well moisturized. So I decided to surf the intetnet and check out a natural face mask and i came up with this.
Papaya (paw paw) is a versatile fruit and has amazing properties. Papaya is a beta-carotene-rich food filled with powerful enzymes and phytochemicals that are good for skin. The enzymes slow down the formation of fine lines and wrinkles by combating free radicals. It is a rich source of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that keep the body’s systems in optimal health. It is not only an excellent aid for digestion, but it is also very beneficial for the skin when used topically in the form of face packs. The secret beauty nutrient in papaya is papain, an enzyme that has skin-lightening properties and can reduce the visibility of blemishes and acne scars. Together with alpha hydroxy acids, papain acts as a gentle exfoliator that dissolves inactive protein and dead skin cells. Applying papaya topically to skin will soften your skin, leaving it smooth and supple.
PAPAYA FACIAL MASKS.
1. Papaya, honey & lemon face mask for dry skin. This papaya face mask is great for acne and also helps lighten and even out skin pigmentation. This is a powerful mask that can lighten scars as well, leaving you with bright, flawless skin. While honey nourishes the skin, the enzymes in papaya and lemon juice cleanse the skin, unclog the pores, and also kill the acne-causing microbes. The skin’s pH is also brought under control, and this regulates the oil production. Ingredients.
- A little portion of papaya
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of lemon/lime juice
- Blend or mash up the soft ripe papaya into a lump-free puree
- Add the honey and lemon juice and mix well.
- Apply the face mask onto your clean face and let it dry for 15 minutes or more.
- When the time is up, gently use lukewarm water to rinse off the face mask.
- Do a final rinse off with cold water. Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
You can store the left over mask in fridge for maximum 3 days, but its always recommended to use fresh mask.
2. Papaya and Egg white face mask to tighten skin pores. Papaya and egg white both help tighten pores and control sebum. Egg whites work wonders for people with oily skin (though if you have dry skin, you’re better off with an egg-yolk face mask). The fruit acids and enzymes in papaya help lighten skin while the egg white helps tighten pores, giving you a flawless look. Egg white also removes excess sebum on skin’s surface and prevents acne and pimples.
- 1/4 ripe papaya
- 1 egg white
- Peel the papaya and blend it into a smooth puree.
- Mix the egg white until it turns frothy.
- Add the papaya to the egg white and mix well.
- Apply the mixture onto your face and neck. Let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water to close pores.
3. Papaya and Orange face mask for Oily skin. Orange is well suited for oily skin because it works as a natural astringent that reduces the oil on the face. Orange juice and papaya also have skin brightening properties. They work well on blemishes, spots, pigmentation, and skin dullness. Ingredients:
- 1/2 ripe papaya
- 2-3:pieces of orange
Directions: 1. Chop the ripe papaya into a few pieces.
2. Squeeze out the juice from the orange pieces and add it to the papaya pieces. Mix well and apply to your face.
3. Keep it on for 15 minutes or more and then rinse it off with water.
4. Papaya Cucumber Banana Face Mask. For a soothing and refreshing feeling, use this papaya, cucumber, and banana face mask. Papaya is good for reducing pigmentation, cucumber will soothe sunburned and inflamed skin, and banana will hydrate and soften rough skin. Banana smoothes and reduces wrinkles, hydrates and moisturizes and promotes glowing & youthful skin.
- 1/4 ripe papaya
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/2 banana
Directions: 1. Cut the cucumber into small pieces and blend them with the papaya and banana to get a smooth paste.
2. Apply this paste on your face and neck. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
3. Rinse with warm water first and then do a final rinse with cold water.
Tip- Apply the face masks over your kitchen/bathroom sink to avoid messy drips on the floor.
Note – For best results, use a ripe or overripe papaya. Thank you for reading. Please don’t forget to like and comment. And also check for previous posts 💋💋💋
Have you tried any of these DIY papaya facial masks? What’s your favourite DIY facial masks? Will be expecting your comments!
Dont forget to follow me on social media;
- Instagram & Twitter: @theladylymarh
- Snapchat: mz-lymarh