Hello dear, I hope you all had a productive week and lovely weekend? So, I’m back right here and I’m going to explain the benefits of using tea tree oil for our natural hair. Just keep reading to know more. Definitely, some of you all would have heard of ‘tea tree oil’. It’s an essential oil. Tea tree oil is very versatile and it’s great for your hair. Tea Tree oil is particularly effective against fungus, bacteria and viruses and can help with many ailments from sore throats to acne to toenail fungus. The uses of this oil are vast but please note it’s not for human consumption. The health benefits of tea tree oil (also called tea tree essential oil) can be attributed to its antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, balsamic, expectorant, fungicide, insecticide, and stimulant properties. BENEFITS OF TEA TREE OIL FOR YOUR NATURAL HAIR.
- It clears off dandruff naturally. The issue of dandruff can be easily fixed by just a few drops of this anti-fungal essential oil. Simply add few drops to your shampoo or cowash conditioner and apply to hair, leave for about five minutes to allow the mixture penetrate through the hair and rinse off.
- It cleanses the scalp. Tea tree oil is an effective solvent for sebum and other dirt or oily buildup on the scalp and hair, so it can be used to help provide a clear, clean surface that can absorb moisture and conditioning products more readily.
- It treats scalp fungal infection and reduce itchiness. Tea tree oil fights scalp fungal infections due to its strong anti-fungal properties. Mixing 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with 2 tablespoon of cocunut oil in a clean bowl and using cotton ball to apply this mixture on your scalp or the affected parts help treat fungal infections and itchiness.
- Tea tree oil stimulates hair growth. When applied on the scalp (diluted), it gives a pleasant tingling sensation that is said to invigorate the hair follicles and promote hair growth. Massaging the oil in your scalp on a regular basis can be very effective against many scalp issues along with helping with product and environmental build-up our hair is subject to. You can make a hair growth oil by combining tea tree oil with other hair growth promoting essential oils like rosemary and lavender.
- Tea tree oil treat scalp eczema and psoriasis. Simply mix a suitable amount of coconut oil with a few drops of tea tree oil (for every tsp of coconut oil, add 1-2 drops of tea tree oil). Now apply it on your scalp or affected areas and leave it on overnight. You may wash your hair the next day.
I got mine at a pharmacy for #1000. CAUTION
- Tea tree oil is very concentrated so please dilute it before use. The standard dilution rate for adults is 2% which is 2 drops of tea tree oil for every 2 tsp of product like a carrier oil, or shampoo, conditioner, etc.
- Before using tea tree oil for your hair, please make sure to do a patch test with it. Mix about 2 drops of tea tree oil with any carrier oil and apply on the wrist, leave for an hour plus. If there’s any irritation caused by the tea tree oil, then you might be allergic so don’t use it.
- Use tea tree oil cautiously. It is not recommended for daily use.
As you can see, there are several benefits of tea tree oil for natural hair . What could it do for you? Also Do you use Tea Tree Oil? If so, how? What have your experiences been??? Haleemah Al-sadiya ❤❤❤ Let’s be friends Instagram & Twitter – @theladylymarh Snapchat- Mz-lymarh Tumblr- halsadiya