Welcome back to Halsadiya Beauty Blog ❤
I stumbled upon this picture on Pinterest and I decided to write about it.
Everyone, I mean everyone definitely want a great, clear, healthy and gorgeous skin but very few work towards it. There is no hidden secret in having a gorgeous skin, it’s still falls down to some basics kinda 🤷. Women with gorgeous skin aren’t just lucky, we just don’t sit and do nothing; we work towards it!
Here are 10 rules to abide by, no matter what skin type / concern you have.
1. NEVER GO TO BED WITHOUT WASHING YOUR FACE – Women with gorgeous skin never skip this. No matter house exhausted or lazy you are or late it is: Take off your makeup and wash that face of yours. Use a cleanser to remove those dirts clogging the pores as it helps to prevent breakouts and acne.
2. STAY HYDRATED FROM MORNING TILL NIGHT – Hydration — inside and out is one of the keys to keeping your skin radiant. Wondering how much to drink? Eight 8-ounce glasses is still the recommended daily minimum, so drink up for gorgeous, fully hydrated, flake-free skin. As the popular saying goes ” Drink water and Mind Your Business” .
3. KNOW WHICH SKIN INGREDIENT TO AVOID – Buying cheap skincare products is pretty harmful. Harmful ingredients found in skincare products have been linked to everything from hormonal disruptions to cancer, and what’s worse is that they go directly into your bloodstream when applied to your skin or hair. Using skincare brands with natural products is one of the best thing you can do for your skin. Here are some ingredients to avoid in makeup and skincare products.
▪ Sodium lauryl sulfate
▪ Triclosan and triclocarban
▪ Aminophenol, Diaminobenzene, Phenylenediamine (Coal Tar)
▪ Petroleum distillates
▪ Propylene glycol
4. BE DILIGENT WITH YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE – Developing a skincare routine and consistently adhering to it can be quite tedious. They are lot of ways you can fall off your skincare path.
However, you enjoy the benefits when you are able to manage the problems in a way that they don’t come between you are your skin goals. Being diligent with your skincare routine offers lot of benefits like; having a clearer and calmer skin, your skin looks and remain gorgeous and radiant and a lot more.
When developing a skincare routine, you might wanna consider some of these;
▪ Choosing the right skin ingredients
▪ Choosing the right product especially when the season changes
▪ Applying them the right order and way
5. USING AN ANTIOXIDANT SERUM– “UV light is still able to inflict damage on your skin even if you’re wearing sunscreen,” says Julie Karen, M.D, a dermatologist in NYC”. But if you layer a serum containing antioxidants, such as vitamins C and E, underneath your SPF, your skin is more likely repair the damage as it occurs, preventing the onset of brown spots and fine lines prematurely. Try Estée Lauder Advanced night repair serum
6. CHANGE YOUR PILLOWCASES OFTEN – Your pillowcase is more important and dirty, than you think. A fresh pillowcase is also one of the keys to preventing breakouts. Your skin can pick up dirt and bacteria, traces of makeup, dead skin cells, saliva, and hair product residue from a pillowcase that hasn’t been washed,” explains Dr. Karen. You should wash it extremely often! At least once a week is the general consensus among skincare experts but I wash mine every five days. If you have sensitive skin and are particularly prone to breakouts, you should also be conscious of the type of detergent you use.
7. AVOID JUNK FOOD – Eliminating junk food is not just possible; just don’t eat it every day. If most of your calories are coming from the snack machine, your skin is going to pay the price.
“Sugar, white bread, pasta, cake, and candy may speed up glycation in skin.” Glycation is when sugar molecules latch onto cells, including those in skin, and cause them to become malformed and accelerate the breakdown of collagen. Eating junk food will not only result in pimples but a loss of radiance and more noticeable lines. Instead, eat a well balanced diet full of non-processed, nutritionally dense foods (think green veggies, fresh fruit, yogurt, lean protein, plus nuts and seeds) to make sure you skin stays breakout-free, supple, radiant, gorgeous and glowing.
8. USE A FACE MASK – Applying facial mask weekly helps tightening skin and pores, increases skin elasticity, detoxifying and cleansing skin while nourishing and moisturizing it to keep you looking young and fresh. I enjoy doing this.
9. EXFOLIATE GENTLY – Ideally, exfoliating at least 1-2 times in a week is enough and great for the skin. One of the reasons you need to exfoliate is so you can reap the maximum benefits of your products. When exfoliating your face, make sure you use a gentle motion. Use small circular movements rather than rubbing roughly up and down. Be even more gentle when exfoliating your lips, as scrubbing too hard can make them crack and bleed. Due to your skin type, you can opt for chemical peels like glycolic acid or DIY scrubs.
10. DON’T PICK YOUR SKIN – As tempting as it can be, leave that blackhead, pimple or bumps alone. Picking them worsen the skin as you drive bacteria farther into the skin making it more inflamed and swelling up. Try out COSRX acne pimple patch and you gonna love it.
11. WORK OUT – Exercising regularly have a positive effect on your skin as well as your mood and body, because a workout increases circulation, creating that great glow once it’s done.
Another plus: Working up a sweat can help lower the stress hormone cortisol, which is linked not only to skin aging but breakouts and clogged pores.
12. SLEEP – Put your devices to bed an hour before you tuck in. There is no doctor that wouldn’t advise you to geet eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. Trust me, your body will thank you! Once it’s 10pm, I switch off my Wi-Fi and devices and sleep, see you guys when I wake by 6am. You want to enter the deep sleep that allows your mind, body, and skin to repair. Night, gorgeous!
If you want gorgeous skin it’s no different than maintaining a healthy weight. You don’t just wing it, you have to have a plan and stick to it consistently. Radiant, flawless looking skin does not happen overnight. Creating and maintaining a regular skincare routine and combining it with natural skin care products is an investment that will pay off in more healthy and radiant looking skin for years to come.
I hope you all enjoyed reading this post 💋
Haleemah Al-sadiya 🌹