Welcome back to Halsadiya Beauty Blog 💋. It’s been a while here, I did miss you all.
Today’s blog post seems a little different but trust me, you are going to find it interesting. My cousin is actually the mastermind of the blog post title, and was concurred to by few others 😁.
The beauty world has been sparking up lately: Cannabis is proliferating in beauty products, and it’s poised to take your skin-care routine to a higher level. That’s because the star ingredient, Cannabinoid, known for its reputed stress-reducing and pain-relieving (among many others) benefits in the wellness space, has incredible prowess when it comes to topical, skin-boosting use. – Well and Good
Is Cannabis good or bad? Does smoking it cause aging and other skincare problems?? Could Weed be good for the skin???
I will love to address the fact that smoking marijuana is not bad for both your health and Skin. Research is explaining the beneficial actions of cannabinoids on our skin. Today, cannabis topicals like skin creams, balms, oils, and ointments are available to relieve skin irritation, dryness, swelling, burns, and itch. Patients are even treating severe conditions with cannabis extracts.
Over the past few years, research has begun to explain how cannabinoids can trigger biochemical reactions in animal bodies, helping to heal or protect the skin from the symptoms of different dermatological conditions. As a consequence of both lab data and patient experience, CBD is today considered one of the most promising compounds for the treatment of a variety of skin ailments.
Till date, there is no scientific or medical reason in the history of human civilization that cannabis damages health. No human being has ever died from using cannabis, cannabis overdose or such. Cannabis is much safer than alcohol or tobacco
While there are negative effects of smoking cannabis as smoking causes cells to be starved of oxygen (because capillaries are dying and closing off) resulting in dull, sallow, tired-looking skin with an absence of a glow. It also decreases vitamin-A levels in the skin, creating drier skin.
Naturally, you should break these habits for good 🤷, but it’s hard, and no one’s perfect. Instead, I will be explaining the steps to take in order to maintain a healthy skin while using Cannabis 💃🏾
● SKINCARE TIPS FOR STONERS
1. The basic step to having a healthy skin is to cleanse your face. Smoking clog pores, so it will be wise to wash your face thoroughly twice a day. Cleansers with glycolic acid helps brighten skin and help speed up cell turnover. Cleansers with Vitamin C also brighten up skin, prevents premature signs of aging and protect against environmental damage.
2. Since smoking decreases vitamin A- levels. You want increased levels of vitamin A so that your body turns over skin cells faster, rather than clinging to old, dull skin. As a plus, retinol helps to boost collagen production, reduce the appearance of sun spots, fine lines, and wrinkles, which no one wants, regardless of whether you smoke.
3. Eat healthy. Eat antioxidant-rich foods. Citrus fruits (lemons, limes, oranges, and grapefruits) are all are loaded with vitamin C. Carrots supply our bodies with good protection against aging. Sweet potatoes—a nutritional all-star—are loaded with vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and carotenoids. These antioxidants help fight the free radicals of aging. As tempting as it can be to devour on junks while you high, try as much as possible to desist from it and eat foods rich in anti-oxidants, fruits & vegetables and whole grain like legumes, brown rice etc.
4. Use an anti-oxidant serum. It helps with the free-radical damage encountered from the smoke chemicals blowing back in your face. Anti-oxidants rich vitamins like vitamin C, E, ferulic acid and hyaluronic acid helps keep skin protected from environmental damage, fade hyperpigmentation and wrinkles, while brightening skin . Load up your skin with potent antioxidants to replace essential vitamins lost to smoking as it helps give an even skin tone and a glowing complexion.
5. Detox to keep your skin healthy.
Detoxing is the way in which your body gets rid of the toxins accumulated from months or years of using cannabis. Unlike most other drugs, including alcohol, THC (the active chemical in marijuana) is stored in the fat cells and therefore takes longer to fully clear the body than with any other common drug. This means that some parts of the body still retain THC even after a couple of months, rather than just the couple of days or weeks for water soluble drugs.
Cranberry juice has been used effectively for years by recovery houses to help purify and cleanse the body. Foods high in potassium like melons, banana, vegetables are recommended. Green tea and other detox tea can be used.
6. Stay Hydrated and Well moisturized! Use a very hydrating moisturizer and a non-comedogenic night cream, rather than butters or any face oils. Products containing natural ingredients like ginseng, sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramides, keeps the skin moist and supple while restoring skin to a healthier state.
7. Wear sunscreen! Sunscreen protects your skin from harmful rays of the sun. It helps prevent discoloration and dark spots from sun damage, helping you maintain a smoother and more even skin tone.
8. Exfoliate often to renew the skin cells. It is essential to exfoliate your skin at least once a week to remove dead surface cells and leave skin smooth, fresh and bright.
9. Use multi-vitamins. Marijuana and hash deplete the level of Vitamins in your body. Taking multivitamins helps restore those vitamins lost due to smoking.
10. Exercise often. Sleep good!
I hope these beauty tips for stoners make up for the aesthetic damage caused by Cannabis. Although, undoubtedly the best advice to give is this: Stop smoking. Your health will thank you and you will gain in beauty.
Much Love ❤
Haleemah Al-sadiya 🌹